Your privacy matters to us so please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this Privacy Statement and contact us if you have any questions or queries. This Privacy Statement complements the Global Shell Privacy Notices available at https://www.shell.co.uk/privacy.html
What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement provides information about personal data which are collected and processed in the context of the registration and organization of Shell Make the Future Live event as well as your visit to the Shell Make the Future website.
When organizing the event, Shell International Limited (SIL) or its affiliates (“the Shell Group”) may collect and process information that is necessary for the registration to attend the event and issuance of tickets, the interest of the participants in parts of the event, the safety and security of the event as well as other elements of organization of the event, including the promotion of the event.
Source of data
If you have not provided your personal data directly to Shell through the registration process, please be informed that Shell has obtained your personal data from your employing, contracting company, partners of other participants that have registered you for the event, who in turn will have ensured that your consent has been obtained if this is required.
What data do we process?
Shell may process some or all of the following types of data:
- Contact details necessary for completion of registration process, including name, email address and timing preferences regarding attendance to the events.
- Information about your interests in participation to the event and source of information about the event.
- Contact preferences in relation to the event and further communication from Shell;
- Your photographs or video footage captured during your participation to the event;
- If you are an user of Makers Pass - name, likeness, biography and image;
- Any additional information provided as feedback to the event or questions related to the event, subject to your consent.
Purposes for processing the data collected
Personal Data supplied by the participant and/or collected as a result of organization and holding of the Make the Future Live event, may be processed for the purposes of;
- registration process;
- organization of the event, including access control, Health and Safety (HSSE);
- establishing the participants identity;
- use of the Makers Pass (subject to user consent);
- monitoring participation in the event and the feedback from participants;
- promoting the event within Shell and externally;
- further communication with the participants (on similar events or Shell products and/or services - subject to any consent obtained.
In each case the processing may take place at any time during the course of the registration process and/or the organisation of the event, and may continue after the event for limited purposes.
Communication to participants
Shell will only communicate with individuals for purposes related to the organization of the event. In case you consent, Shell may also communicate you with further information about similar events and/or about Shell products and services that may be of interest to you. Consent may also be withdrawn at any time. For more information please refer to the Global Shell Privacy Notices available at https://www.shell.co.uk/privacy.html
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
Shell International Limited is the Data Controller for processing personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data that are collected as a part of the organisation of the event may be transferred within the Shell group, including to Shell companies which may be located outside the Economic European Area (“EEA”) for the purposes specified above.
We will not disclose your Personal Data without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so. For full details please refer to Global Shell Privacy Notices available at https://www.shell.co.uk/privacy.html
You have the right of access to your personal data collected as well as the right to request correction or deletion of such personal data (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose). For full details please refer to Global Shell Privacy Notices available at https://www.shell.co.uk/privacy.html
Who can I contact for more information?
You can contact SI-MaketheFuture-Live@shell.com